Last Updated: July 20, 2020
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide your personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, when you make a purchase on our website or in our stores, via our social media platforms or through one of our mobile applications. The types of personal information you may provide to us may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and mobile or other phone number)
- Age or date of birth
- A self-selected username and password
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address)
- Your physical characteristics and/or skincare/beauty concerns
- Product preferences
- Contact information for friends or other people you may wish for us to contact
- Content you may provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments)
- Information provided to us by social networks or mobile applications when you visit our social media platforms or use one of our mobile applications (including, but not limited to your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described in the social networking application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile application)
- Preferences information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences, and reminder and notification preferences
How We Use The Information You Provide
We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you
- Process your payment and/or gift card transactions
- Create and manage your online account
- Respond to your inquiries
- Assist with product selection and replenishment
- Administer any loyalty or membership program
- Tailor ads displayed to you on our website and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services, managing our communications, analyzing our products, performing data analytics, and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this website, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites), or visit our social media platforms, we collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various other web-based technologies.
Technologies We Use
Cookies, Web Server Logs, and Web Beacons
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time-zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our website and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called "web beacons." These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third-party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this website, our pages, or mobile applications, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. To disable the Google Analytics cookie and any other third party web analytics service provider cookies, some browsers indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis.
Third Party Websites
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this website for market research, data analytics, and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you have visited us before or are new to the website, to tailor ads displayed to you on our website and elsewhere and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies, and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
California Do Not Track Notice
Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track" signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals or other similar mechanisms.
California law also requires website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users’ online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator’s website or service. Third parties that have content or services on our website such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits but this information does not include personal information. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to “do not track” signals from your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor “do not track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Information We Share
We do not rent or sell lists. Furthermore, we do not sell, or otherwise disclose, personal information we collect about you, except as otherwise described herein. We may share your personal information with:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes
- Services providers who perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail, text messages, and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service
- Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some Facebook applications may share information collected through those apps with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
- In the event that another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the website or our services, your information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties. Finally, information described in this paragraph may also be disclosed for due diligence purposes in connection with any proposed transaction of the sorts described in this paragraph
- We may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, when and where required; or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Text / SMS Message
If you choose, you can provide your mobile phone number to receive text message alerts from us to receive product and/or event information, tips or promotions. You agree that by providing your mobile phone number you expressly consent to receive automated marketing text messages from us to the mobile phone number provided. Consent is not required to purchase goods or services. Message and data rates will apply and you should check the rates of your mobile carrier. You can opt out from further text marketing communications by texting STOP to 315-58 from your device. You may also choose not to receive Text Messages by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying that this is your preference.
We may share your mobile phone number with service providers with whom we contract to assist us with the above activities, but we will not share your mobile phone number with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. Text Messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, we cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. Depending on the recipient's mobile carrier, it may not be possible to transmit the text message to the recipient successfully; nor is content available on all carriers. We do not claim or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may opt out of receiving any Wander Beauty loyalty or membership program emails that are not necessary to provide you with loyalty or membership services by following the instructions provided in the email. Although you may opt out of loyalty or membership marketing emails, operational emails will still be sent to you. Examples of these include, but are not limited to, a redemption confirmation email, a profile update email, or other communications that relate to your account. In order to stop receiving all Wander Beauty emails, you must terminate the loyalty or membership program.
You may opt out of receiving emails that are not necessary to provide you with Wander Beauty loyalty or membership services by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can ask Wander Beauty to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us as indicated below.
Text Message Opt-Out
In general, in order to stop receiving text messages, you can text STOP to the five digit short code for the text messaging program from which you no longer wish to receive message (i.e., the five digit number from which the text messages are being sent). You will then receive confirmation of your opt-out of that text messaging program. Please note that this will only opt you out of the specific text messaging program associated with that five digit short code. You will remain opted in to any other Wander Beauty text messaging programs that you may have signed up for. To unsubscribe from the general marketing text messaging program you can text “STOP” to 315-58 from your device.
Social Networking Application Opt-Out
To remove or delete our apps from your social networking account, follow the instructions from the social network.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by applicable legal requirements. You may request to review, change, or delete your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you are under thirteen years of age, you may browse our website. However, you may not provide personal information to us. This website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the website. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the website, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us or the security of data on your mobile device.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Wander Beauty, we are not responsible for the Sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by telephone or email.